Wow, SO MANY TBR posts. I’m so sorry. Seriously, it must be getting pretty boring. Luckily, this is the PENULTIMATE TBR! (Actually, there might be 2 more after this… sorry!)
Anyway, this is a particularly important TBR, because it’s a TBR for a reading challenge that I AM CO-HOSTING with the lovely Adele of @bookishdella. The aim of the challenge is to encourage us all to read books written by authors from many different countries. There are prompts, read-a-longs, points to be won etc. so we would love to have you! If you’re interested, check out the announcement post and the Goodreads group!
Note: these are the variations of the prompts that I am going to do! Please check out the announcement post to see variations/alternatives for some (e.g. #1).
- read a book written in a language that is not your mother tongue.
- read a classic by an international author
- read a book set in a third-world country
- read a book by an author from a country you’ve never visited
- read a book set in a country from which the author does not come
- read a book written by an author from a country you want to visit
- read a book featuring an international LGBTQIA+ character
- read a book set in eastern europe that is not about world war 2
- read a book with a character who comes from a different culture
- read a non-fiction book about a country you are interested in
- read a manga
- read a book containing folklore from a country that is not your own
- JAN-FEB: Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami (Japan)
- MAR-APR: Die Verwandlung (Metamorphosis) von Franz Kafka (Czech Republic)
- MAY-JUN: Signs Preceding the End of the World by Yuri Herrera (Mexico)
- JUL-AUG: Season of Migration to the North by Tayeb Salih (Sudan)
- SEP-OCT: The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (Russia)
- NOV-DEC: The Vegetarian by Han Kang (Korea)
- The Other World (Asia)
- The Office of Gardens and Ponds by Didier Decoin (France)
- Human Acts by Han Kang (Korea)
- A History of Korea by Kyung Moon Hwang
- The Royal Tutor Vol 4. by Higasa Akai (Japan)
- The Day the Sun Died by Yan Lianke (China)
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon
- An einem klaren, eiskalten Januarmorgen zu Beginn der 21. Jahrhunderts von Roland Schimmelpfennig (Germany)
- Glittering City by Cyprian Ekwensi (Nigeria)
And that’s all! Are you going to be joining us in the challenge? Please let me know, and if you do, be sure to leave a link to any TBRs or other posts/videos you do so that I can check them out!