Hello everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I honestly can’t believe it’s 2019… I turn 18 this year?! Anywayy I decided to combine all of my beginning-of-the-year type posts into one post because it just worked better like that so let’s begin
- Go to the gym at least once a week. I have a gym membership and usually I try to go at least three times a month in order to not waste money, but I want to make it into a habit and always go to the gym on Tuesdays.
- Sleep and wake up at the same time each day. Obviously this is dependent on a number of factors, but I want to aim to go to bed between 11-12 each night and wake up at 6am.
- Study and do homework better. I have had issues in 2018 where I get behind in notes etc. and procrastinate, and it makes me quite stressed and leaves me behind. So in order to tackle this there are a couple of things I’m going to do: take notes in smaller chunks e.g. by subtopic rather than unit so that it’s easier to finish each section, and do just 45 minutes of homework as soon as I get home in order to hopefully get me in the zone a bit.
- Read at least three books a month. I had a very slow reading year in 2018, hence why there has been a lack of book-related posts on this blog thus far, and whilst I don’t intend to force myself to read upwards of 100 books as I managed in 2016 and 2017, I do want to read a bit more than I did in 2018, and more consistently rather than in sudden spikes.
- Get my TBR below 40 books. It’s currently at 72 books, largely because of how little I read this year and how much rereading I did. The number is SO high and it annoys me a little, especially as I know how much I’m missing out by not reading some of them. So I want to decrease my TBR to a somewhat more manageable size.
- Catch up on new releases and sequels in series. I didn’t really keep an eye on new releases in 2018 and sequels often got left behind as well, so I want to keep up with both this year so I don’t miss lots of amazing books.
- Listen to more western music. Now it isn’t that I don’t listen to much western music, but more that I don’t listen to much variety… I often end up sticking to a few artists, especially because I don’t particularly like western hiphop, nor am I a big fan of EDM. Therefore, I want to make an effort this year to find and discover artists that are less known with amazing music.
- Make better playlists. Now, in 2018 I had a good playlist for summer, but the rest of the time I had to sort of go and pick songs to listen to or just listen to songs on shuffle, which wasn’t as enjoyable, so I want to invest a bit of time in putting together more playlists.
Also, I’m thinking of doing a “what I want to see in K-Pop for 2019” post if that interests anyone?!
- Post at least twice a week and interact more with the blogs I follow (+ find some new blogs to follow!)
- Do more mini reviews for music. (reviewing songs, not albums) This is because sometimes I don’t really have time or desire to listen to and review a whole album, but I want to review a couple of different title tracks, or if a song is just a single. This way I can review more music, with less pressure for me!
- Review more books that I read for pleasure, as opposed to books I received in exchange for a review. I want to share the books I loved with the world, not just the ones I am obliged to review!
If you feel like helping me out, suggest some blogs for me to check out!
AND THAT’S IT! WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS THIS YEAR? Do let me know! Happy New Year, Keira x.